Friday, January 16, 2009

or bends with the remover...

"Psychologists, psychiatrists, sociologists, anthropologists and educators have suggested in countless studies and numerous research papers that love is a "learned response, a learned emotion."...Most of us continue to behave as though love is not learned but lies dormant in each human being and simply awaits some mystical age of awareness to emerge in full bloom. Many wait for this age forever. We seem to refuse to face the obvious fact that most of us spend our lives trying to find love, trying to live in it and dying without ever truly discovering it."
-Leo Buscaglia

Everyone wants the chick flick. Even guys. Maybe guys want less drama, but they still want to fall in love that fast and live happily ever after without working at anything. Maybe I'm weird because I have never dated anyone I've had a crush on, and vice versa, but I don't want it to be that easy. Without the work, it's not worth it.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Yeah, I guess I'm like that a lil' bit. Waiting for love to snatch me up. I'm not ready to grow up :(

-Thanks for being brave