Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tonsils

Well, I got my tonsils out on Thursday, and it has been an interesting experience. I do not recommend it, by the way, the pain is supposed to get worse around day three or four...and that's just where I am.
But I have noticed some things. I can't really talk at all right now, except for a very very quiet Muppet voice, unless I hurt my throat something awful. So I resort to alternate forms of communication, like text messages. This is great when people are not right next to you, but when they are sitting on the other couch...I have stopped trying to say much at all. I still listen, but I won't say anything unless it's really important. And even some of those things aren't understood by everyone. It's interesting that one of my roommates is better at interpreting than the others. I don't know why this is, but I am so thankful that she is around, or I would be as angry as the narcotics they gave me would let me be.
Also, I miss real food. It's amazing that I ate real food on Wednesday, and it's only Sunday, and I want a cheeseburger and fries so badly it almost physically hurts! I have eaten six or seven popsicles every day, and some tomato soup, but I can not eat that for two weeks. Besides, the food I do eat tastes funny. I don't know if it's my meds, or the fact that I have craters in the back of my throat, but it just doesn't taste that great. I attempted bread yesterday. That was okay, but I don't think that I can do it every day. I am now making a list of all the things I will eat as soon as I can.
I am also super grateful for my family and friends and roommates who have been taking care of me. They, to the best of their circumstances, drop what they are doing to take care of me. Even my three year old nephew, who doesn't really know how I am sick, fed me ice chips (he ate his fair share). The sad thing is, I think he has a steadier hand than I do.
Okay, I can feel the pain pill setting in...that's all for today :)

No comments: